BBQ Ribs & Charred Corn with herbed butter
Title: BBQ Ribs & Charred Corn with herbed butter.
Broadcast: Episode 12, 23rd September 2018
Presenter: Theo Kalogeracos
Serves – 4
- 2 racks of Baby back ribs
- Rub mix
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sticky Whiskey Sauce
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup of Whiskey
- Combine rub mix ingredients in a small bowl and mix.
- Rub ribs with olive oil on both sides, then rub the rub mix on the ribs.
- Get your BBQ hot and using the grill, place the ribs on and cook both sides well
- In a roasting pan, combine whisky sticky sauce ingredients and place on a on the flat plate on your BBQ.
- When the ribs are cooked, place into whisky sauce & cover with foil and tightly seal, leave on the flat plate, close the lid of the BBQ and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the pan and place them on a plate, pour the liquid over the rids and serve with grilled corn
Serves – 4
- 2 ears of corn
- Herb Butter
- 2 block butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all herb butter ingrediants in a food processor to create the butter. Alternatively allow the butter to soften and press all ingredients together with a fork
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Pull the outer husks down the ear to the base and strip away the silk from corn.
- Fold husks back into place, and place the corn in a large bowl of cold water with 1 tablespoon of salt for 5 minutes.
- Remove corn from water and shaking off any excess moisture.
- Place the corn on the grill for 10 to 15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, or until kernels are tender, you can test by piercing the kernels with a paring knife.
- Remove them from the BBQ and fold back what’s left of the husk and rub with herb butter.
Serve immediately with the hot ribs, delicious!
With thanks to,