Shark Bay prawns Pil Pil – Spicy Spanish Style Garlic Prawns with Crusty Bread
Title: Shark Bay prawns Pil Pil – Spicy Spanish Style Garlic Prawns with Crusty Bread
Broadcast: June 25th 2017
Presenter: Russel Blaikie & Scott Taylor
Ingredients for 6 as a starter:
24 Shark Bay King Prawns, whole raw (u15 size is good) or 600 grams prawn cutlets
200 ml extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
2 red chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped
Pinch of Aleppo Pepper (Pul Biber) or chilli flakes
Pinch of Smoked Paprika
150ml white wine
Handful of flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fresh rustic bread
Lemon wedges to serve
- Peel the prawns, leaving the tails on. Keep the prawn shells in the freezer for a bisque!
- Make a small incision along the back and remove the intestine.
- Heat the oil in a large frypan over medium heat
- When heated add chilli & garlic
- Stir and cook for about 1 minute, being careful not to burn the garlic
- Add the prawns, increase heat to medium-high and cook for another minute, the prawns will change colour and curl.
- Add white wine and cook until almost evaporated
- Add the Aleppo pepper, paprika, salt and pepper and pour into warm serving dish.
- Sprinkle with parsley, and serve with wedges of lemon and thick slices of crusty bread to mop up the sauce.