Salt Bush rubbed Lamb Wellington
Title: Salt Bush rubbed Lamb Wellington.
Broadcast: Episode 1, 1st July 18
Presenters: Theo Kalogeracos & Nikki Heyder
You will love this dish as it is so simple and so delicious and best part is you get to rejoice in the wonderful flavour of our native saltbush, now freely available at specialist outlets.
Serves - 2
- 1 lamb backstrap
- 2 tbsp salt bush leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp salt
- handful large spinach leaves
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ¼ cup spring onions, diced
- 1 tbsp saltbush leaves, shredded
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Place the lamb in a shallow dish.
- Combine the saltbush and salt and rub into the meat, cover and leave for at least two hours.
- Heat a pan to very hot and sear the meat until well coloured, but still very pink and leave to cool.
- Lay out a sheet of pastry and line the centre part with spinach leaves, lay on the lamb and roll up neatly.
- Place on a baking sheet and lightly brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake in a 225C oven until golden brown. (approximately 8-10 minutes depending on the heat of your oven)
- Meanwhile, combine the salsa ingredients.
- Slice and serve with a portion of the salsa