Perth Royal Beer Awards
Title: Perth Royal Beer Awards
Broadcast: Episode 5, 5th August, 2018
Presenters: Scott Taylor
Scott heads to beer wonderland to learn of the intrants in to the Royal Agricultural Societies Perth Royal Beer Awards.
- The awards have been running for 11 years, and are bigger than ever.
- For the first time in history the Perth Royal Beer Awards opened its doors to the public for the Perth Beer Carnival held at the Claremont Showgrounds August.
- Around 4000 patrons were expected to come along and celebrate the fine art of craft beer.
- Craft beers and micro-brewers have really exploded onto the scene in recent years, and have been incredibly popular with consumers, who are spoilt for choice.
- Chief Judge Justin Fox has spent many years doing training and sensory, as well as working in his fair share of breweries to get to where he is today.
- In the past 5 years, the industry has boomed, and just continues to grow, especially in the “super local” market where there’s now 500-600 breweries – that’s almost a tripling of the market since its federation.
- There were 700 entries into the awards and the event is possible thanks to the Royal Agricultural Society of WA, a not-for-profit organisation supporting WA’s rural farming communities.