Harvey Leigh’s Wine Rooms
Title: Harvey Leigh’s Wine Rooms
Broadcast: Episode 5, 5th August, 2018
Presenters: Theo Kalogeracos
A new wine bar and bistro has just made its roots on Beaufort Street. Theo takes a visit to hear about their extensive wine list, and provincial-style menu.
- This place is the brain-child of Dan Wegener, who has created some of Australia’s most awarded wine lists.
- The Wine Rooms produces incredible farmhouse style French food, and they perfectly pair each dish with a local or international wine.
- The whole feel of the place has taken inspiration from the earthy food and traditions of Southern France.
- The Wine Rooms’ focus is to teach diners about the art of matching wine with food.
- The restaurant has only been in operation for a few months, but is already attracting a following, cooking 80-100 meals per day.
- The dishes range from the simple, right through to the “Saddle of Rabbit” – inspired by French chef Loic Sorbier, who has brought the art of home French cooking to The Wine Rooms.
- This restaurant is influenced by local, fresh produce and the earthiness of the French farmhouse cooking. Combine that with an extensive knowledge of wines, makes it the new hotspot in Highgate.
With thanks to,