Myattsfield – The Row 38 program
Title: Myattsfield – The Row 38 program
Broadcast: Episode 7, 19th August, 2018
Presenter: Scott Taylor
Ever wanted to learn the art of winemaking? Scott visits a local winery that offers up an exciting opportunity each year to do just that, with the proceeds going directly to a good cause.
- Just 45 minutes from Perth, Myattsfield sits in the rolling hills of the Bickley Valley and produces a wide range of sparkling, red, white and fortified wines.
- Owners Josh and Rachel Davenport have been in the wine industry for many years and their winemaking talent is recognised across the country.
- Every year they have the ‘Myattsfield Vineyard Row 38 Auction’ where the successful bidder gets the opportunity to own and produce their own wine for a whole year from the vineyards row 38, with the proceeds of the winning bid going to Muscular Dystrophy WA
- Winners of the auction include a vast array of MDWA ambassadors, including Adam Voges, Renee Baker and Simon Beaumont.
- Row 38 is home to the grape variety known as Mourvèdre, a classic French variety perfectly suited to the cold nights and hot days of the Perth Hills.
- By supporting Myattsfield, you are helping to support the great charity of Muscular Dystrophy Western Australia.