Plantagenet Pork Mince Pizza
Title: Plantagenet Pork Mince Pizza
Broadcast: Episode 7, 19th August, 2018
Presenter: Theo Kalogeracos
- 180gm Plantagenet Pork Mince
- 1 Pizza Base
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 clove of Garlic, chopped fine.
- 90gm Mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons of caramelised onions
- 2 tablespoons of roasted pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 bulb of fennel
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius
- In a pan on a medium heat, put the olive oil and heat up.
- Once hot, add the pork mince, pepper, salt and feel seeds. Cooking for 3 to 5 minutes, just browning the meat.
- Rub the pizza base with the chopped garlic.
- Working around the outside of the pizza, add pulled pieces of the mozzarella- Cheese will always melt inwards, so adding the mozzarella outside will allow an even spread of cheese.
- Add 2 cups of the mince in an even spread over the pizza base.
- Add the caramelized onions and roasted pumpkin evenly over the pizza.
- Cook at 220 degrees Celsius for 5-7 minutes.
- Whilst the pizza is cooking you can make the fennel salad.
- Thinly slice the fennel bulb and combine with orange segments and squeeze into the bowl the juice from the core.
- Add the olive oil and a pinch of salt and stir gently to combine.
- Remove the pizza from the oven once time is up and the pizza has finished cooking and add some of the fennel salad over the pizza and a sprinkle of zest from a fresh orange over the top to serve.
Enjoy straight away - delish!