Nutrition Tip – Grapefruit
Title: Nutrition Tip – Grapefruit
Broadcast: Episode 7, 19th August, 2018
Presenter: Nikki Heyder
Love them or hate them, the contradictory sweet-bitter grapefruit is packed full of nutritional benefits.
- Grapefruit come in a variety of colours, from white or yellow to pink and red, and the taste can range from sour and bitter to sweet and sugary.
- Packed with the antioxidants vitamin A and C, the grapefruit can be a real boost for your immune system, and it’s a fruit very low in calories.
- It’s high in fibre, making it very beneficial to good digestive health.
- One grapefruit contains 91% of water, making it one of the most hydrating fruits available. It’s also full of electrolytes, so it’s a great snack to have to prevent dehydration.
- You can add a wedge of grapefruit to water, segment into salad, or cut one in half, dust it in coconut sugar and pop it in the oven for an amazing healthy dessert.
With thanks to,