Title: Fiori Coffee
Broadcast: Episode 8, 26th August, 2018
Presenter: Scott Taylor
No matter how you consume coffee it is one of the world’s most popular drinks, and Scott is at Fiori Coffee at Oakover Grounds in the Swan Valley to see what goes on behind the scenes to make the perfect cup of morning wakeup.
- Coffee is the second highest traded commodity on the planet, 2.5 billion cups are consumed each day.
- Fiori Coffee has been waking people up now for over 10 years, and roaster in charge of Fiori at Oakover Grounds is Lindsay Davies.
- When looking for great Coffee beans, Lindsay is looking for quality and profile, identifying what they are looking for and how it is getting done.
- Each country, region has a different flavour profile, whether it’s in body, a different type of fruit every location has something good to offer.
- Identifying what you want out of the flavour is the first step ie: chocolatey fruity and then trying to get it to this stage.
- Fiori Coffee creates 10 blends for around 80 cafes around the Western Australian state with their own distinct flavour and profile.
- Coffee needs to be ground fresh, tampered down with 15kg of pressure (the industry standard) and then about 25–30 seconds of hot water flow, infusing all the coffee grinds into the coffee cup. Any longer and the coffee will start to get bitter.
- With the guys at Fiori, you are in very safe hands when it comes to making a great cup of coffee.