Broadcast: Episode 8, 26th August, 2018
Presenter: Theo Kalogeracos
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/8 of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup of fetta
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 loaf of crusty bread
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat
- Add the onion and red capsicum and cook until they have softened - about 10 minutes
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper, stirring and cooking for a further 1 minute.
- At this point, add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and simmer until the tomatoes have thickened - approximately 10 minutes.
- Make 4 indents in the sauce and crack an egg in each one.
- Place the lid on and cook till the eggs are to your liking (for Theo this is about 5 minutes)
- Take the pan off the heat, crumble the feta on top and sprinkle the chopped parsley.
Use the crusty bread as a spoon and allow it to absorb the delicious sauce and flavours, enjoy yourself!
With thanks to,