Title: Potato Galette
Broadcast: Episode 10, 9th August 2018
Presenters: Marg Johnson & Theo Kalogeracos
Is there a better accompaniment than a crisp, oven baked potato Galette? How can something with so few ingredients taste so perfect and complete? The key is to make all of the ingredients perfect, especially the potatoes. You may like to add a little chopped herb like rosemary or thyme between the layers as an extra flavour
Serves 4–6 as a side, less as a main meal with a salad
- 60g butter, melted
- 1 kg potatoes – Peeled
- 50g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the peeled potatoes as finely as possible – a mandolin works best for this.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl, and lightly brush the base of a 20–22cm pan (with the handle wrapped in foil) with some melted butter.
- Arrange a thin layer of potato slices over the base of the pan. Lightly brush with more butter, season well and scatter over a light dusting of the parmesan.
- Repeat the above process making five layers in total, ending with a layer of potatoes.
- Lightly brush the top layer with more butter and place the pan in the oven.
- Cook until golden brown all over – about thirty minutes.
- Allow your Galette to rest for five minutes, slide it from the pan and then cut into wedges.
With thanks to,