Asian style lupin pancakes with Pork belly
Title: Asian style lupin pancakes with Pork belly.
Broadcast: Episode 11, 16th September 2018
Presenters: Theo Kalogeracos
What delicious and easy dish this is for a sharing meal as you can add and remove as per individual likes. A great dish for sharing amongst friends or keeping all to yourself.
- 1 cup of Wholemeal lupin self-raising flour.
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup cream
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1kg cooked Pork belly – sliced.
- 1 cup spring onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup Char Sui (Chinese BBQ Sauce)
- ½ cup finely chopped red chillis
- 1 cup finely sliced carrot match sticks
- 1 cup torn coriander leaves
- Combine water, cream, eggs, salt and pepper and whisk together in a large bowl.
- Add the wholemeal Lupin flour and whisk together until you get a smooth batter. Pour into a pouring jug
- Heat a non-stick plan on a low to medium flame.
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil or vegetable oil in a pan, ensuring it coats the whole bottom of the pan.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of batter into a pan. Using the back of a tablespoon, spread the batter out thin approximately 10cm wide.
- Cook for about 2 minutes until the batter starts to bubble, you only want a light brown colour. If you over cook them, they will be hard to fold. You are not after traditional pancakes, you are after more of a crepe consistency.
- Flip the pancake and cook for another minute, continue until all the batter is done.
- Place the pancake into a container with a lid so they stay soft and pliable.
- While you are cooking the pancakes, in another non-stick plan on a low to medium flame.
- Add a teaspoon of oil to the pan ensuring the whole bottom of the pan is coated in oil.
- Place slabs of the pork belly and cook for about 3 minutes each side. They should get nice and crunchy outside.
Set out an assembly line for your guests of all the garnishes, allowing them to grab a pancake, put a piece of pork on one side and add all the garnishes they fancy on top.
Fold over the pancake and enjoy!
AS SEEN ON