Scallops on the Half Shell
Title: Scallops on the Half Shell
Broadcast: Episode 11, 16th September 2018
Presenters: Marg Johnston & Theo Kalogeracos
Is there anything more perfect than simply grilled scallops, with loads of butter or olive oil and an equal amount of crusty bread to soak up the juices?
Serves 4- as an entrée
- 4 scallops on the half shell
- 4 fat scallops
- 80gm soft butter
- 1 tbsp garlic, crushed
- Lemon rind of 1 lemon.
- parsley, chopped
- red chilli, chopped
- Lay out the scallops on the shell in a baking dish, and to that then add an additional scallop to each shell.
- In a bowl add the soft butter, parsley, lemon rind and chilli and combine.
- Divide your butter mix into 4 and place a dollop onto each scallop shell.
- Place under a hot grill or even over a bbq until the scallops are bubbling but not cooked through.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon, a scatter of parsley and the same of red chilli.
A delicious and easy dish to start off any meal.