Title: Legend Distilling
Broadcast: Oct 28th 2018
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Legend Distilling is located in the South Okanagan on the picturesque Naramata Bench known mostly as a destination for the dozens of boutique wineries located here. Legend Distilling is owned and operated by husband and wife team, Doug & Dawn Lennie. Doug is the distiller and Dawn manages the other aspects of the business. Legend Distilling opened to the public in July 2014.
- Legend Distilling is a licensed British Columbia ‘Craft Distillery’ meaning that 100% of their raw materials they produce their products with must be grown in British Columbia.
- They are allowed to use a few flavourings such as citrus, vanilla beans, coffee beans to flavour their products. However, even those products have been grown elsewhere, they really try to support neighbouring small businesses by using a local Okanagan coffee roaster for example, for the Coffee we use in our Blasted Brew Coffee Liqueur.
- All of their base spirits are made from 100% BC wheat grown in the South Peace region of the province. Most of the fruit they use in their products comes from neighbouring farms right here in Naramata.
- Each of our different spirits tells a ‘legend’ or story from the area on the bottle. We currently have 8 brands. Everything we make is done in small batches in our 650 litre pot still. We mill our own grain, mash, ferment, distill, bottle, label and finish everything on-site.
- Their patio restaurant runs seasonally from April through October and serves fresh, healthy ‘farm-to-table’ fare by local Naramata Chefs Josh Bender and Austin Savage. The tasting room is open April through December. They serve a variety of cocktails on their patio showcasing all of their spirits and using as many fresh, local ingredients as possible. They also serve a rotating selection of local Naramata Bench wines, ciders and BC Craft Beers.