Sparkling Hill Resort
Title: Sparkling Hill Resort
Broadcast: Oct 28st 2018
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
The Okanagan is famous for many things, fine food, great wines and a landscape that's completely unique. Located in the town of Vernon is Sparkling Hill Resort & Spa, an internationally acclaimed award-winning resort recognized for its $122 million architectural magnificence.
- The brainchild of and owned by Mr Langes Swarovski …. Yes, the patriarch of the Swarovski crystal family of Austria. The resort sparkles, literally because there are over 3.5 million Swarovski crystals that can be found within the architecture and design.
- The resort is not just aesthetically beautiful …it is peaceful and quiet, with stunning views and wonderful service. it’s purpose is defined as a wellness spa destination and its designed to provides guests with a physical and mental break from the stresses of everyday life.
- This recognition that being well is holistic, takes into account physical wellbeing with a special spa called the KurSpa providing state of the art facilities considered by many to be the most unique in the world –Set over 40,000 sqf, KurSpa offers 7 steams and spas, experience showers, pool, salt water pool, hot pool, hydrotherapy, and more.
- The Cryo Cold Chamber – the signature treatment at KurSpa is something else and is used before and after surgical repair of joints, ligaments and muscles to control the swelling and aid in the flow of oxygen and nutrition to the area, as well as for easing symptoms of neurological diseases by reducing spasticity of the muscles, as well as having a sedative effect on psoriasis and neurodermatitis.
- The menu features dishes made from fresh local produce from the finest farms and gardens of the Okanagan and there’s considerable evidence that the fresher the food the healthier it is for you.