Banff Christmas Markets
Segment: Banff Christmas Markets
Episode: Banff / Lake Louise
Air Date: 28th December 2019
Presenter: Scott Taylor
There is something special about experiencing a white Christmas, and Banff is home to a wonderful little Christmas market.
- Held at the Warner Stables, the Banff Christmas markets are a weekend long celebration of all things merry and bright. The Stables are transformed into a charming market venue, featuring goods inspired by Rocky Mountain culture.
- Inspired by the Old-World while being influenced by the New, the markets capture the tradition, heritage and romance of the classic North American Christmas, whilst simultaneously showcasing the very best artisanal products of the Bow Valley.
- There are unique products, family friendly entertainment and an exotic menu of beers, BBQ, mulled wine and sweets.
- The lemon poppyseed danish is the talk of the market. The man behind them is a 4th generation baker.
- Bow Valley Empanadas are home to some delicious Peruvian empanadas. These are a flaky pastry, and they have 5 different flavours, including vegetarian options.
- Just outside the stables you’ll find a distinctly Canadian experience – an apple roast around a fire. Once the apple skin turns black, you peel it off, cover the apple in sugar and put it back in the fire for to caramelise.
- With carolling and gift shops everywhere, this market captures the imagination of young and old alike. It’s the perfect family environment – the magic of Christmas in the Rockies leads to an unforgettable experience.
- When the sun goes down, Park Distillery open up the Fire Lounge – marshmallows on sticks, a guy on a guitar, and Maple Whisky Teat Hot Toddy’s.