Banff Craft Beer Festival
Segment: Banff Craft Beer Festival
Episode: Banff / Lake Louise
Air Date: 28th December 2019
Presenter: Scott Taylor
Canada is at the forefront of the craft beer revolution, and the Banff Craft Beer Festival celebrates the local love of craft brews, spirits and cider.
- The festival solely showcases Alberta breweries and distilleries in a truly stunning location – this festival is known as the most beautiful craft beer festival in the world.
- Inner City brew an easy drinking British brown beer. Some of the best barely in the world is grown in Canada – due to the Arctic glacier water, they have the best ingredients.
- While craft beer is definitely the focus, there are some fantastic distillers here, such as Park Distillery. Parks also get their water from the glaciers, and have to distil it twice due to the strong mineral content. This helps to make it a really smooth drink.
- The Banff Craft Beer Festival is held each November, and it’s all for a good cause – proceeds from the festival are donated to the Rocky Mountain Adaptive and the Alberta Cancer Foundation.
- There is something different about the craft beers in Alberta – they’re leaner, they’re cleaner, and it’s all due to the 6 glaciers feeding down into the town.
- The first 150 people have the chance to experience a free lantern tour.