Episode # 1 – TX 3 May 2020
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Story Title: Herb Highlight
Trevor heads out to Swan Valley Nursery, one of the biggest producers of edibles and herbs in the country.
- Swan Valley Nursery has a large range of plants that are great immunity boosters. And now is the time to be putting these in your garden!
- The nursery grows thousands of herbs and veggies and their ethos is organic and natural growing methods.
- The essential plants you should plant this season are garlic chives, onion chives, spring onions and welsh onions.
- These plants are rich in the natural compound Allicin and Alliion which are responsible for these common plant’s reputation as a triple threat.
- Garlic in particular is a powerful anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal and it is especially effective against viruses if chewed raw!
- Planting them is easy, in the garden it needs to be a rich free draining soil and in a full sunny spot. Now is the best time to plant them and don't be scare to grow these in a bowl or pot!
- Plants only get their minerals from the soil, so if it’s depleted you need to enrich it.
- What you put into the soil will benefit your bodies health and growing in a specialist potting soil is vitally important. We recommend Scotts Performance Naturals which includes 6 special ingredients, including natureN, blood and bone, seaweed, bio stimulates, chicken manure and feather meal.
- You can buy Swan Valley Nursery herbs and Scotts Performance Naturals from Bunnings or your local garden centre.