Herb Highlight - Mint
Airdate: 21st June 2020
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Story Title: Herb Highlight - Mint
When it comes to herb flavours, there is nothing as good as fresh mint. Swan Valley Nursery has an incredible range of mint plants available.
- While traditional mint is delicious, there are a number of varieties well worth a try, such as apple mint – the crisp apple flavours pair well with pork.
- As the name suggests, chocolate mint tastes just like chocolate. It is very similar to the classic after dinner mint – you could eat the leaves straight or add it to ice cream.
- The berries and cream mint tastes similar to raspberries, but with more of a creamy finish.
- The Moroccan and basil flavours are great savoury varieties.
- The Thai and Vietnamese mint is not technically mint, but it absolutely delicious.
- It is important to plant mints in pots, as they can run and take over a garden. Put 2 or 3 flavours in a pot with some great potting mix.
- Mint loves a slightly shaded position. Harvest weekly at a minimum to keep the plants looking great.