Spiced Cauliflower & Lamb Quinoa
Airdate: 28th June 2020
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane & Scherri-Lee Biggs
Story Title: Spiced Cauliflower & Lamb Quinoa
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup Three Farmers Quinoa
½ cauliflower – cut into small florets
1 tsp each of ground coriander, turmeric, paprika
Small bunch silver beet – chopped into strips
2 spring onions, chopped
2 lamb back strap
Bunch mint + flat leaf parsley
Apple cider vinegar
- Cut cauliflower into floreats
- In a bowl, toss the cauliflower with coriander, paprika & turmeric with a good glug of EVOO and season. Set aside.
- Dry lamb back strap
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water and bring to boil on stovetop and then reduce to simmer for around 15 mins or until soft
- In a pan, fry the cauliflower on a high heat until a little charred so that it’s not soft. Remove it and set aside. Fry off the silver beet and also set aside.
- Toast nuts and set aside
- Cook the lamb – high heat to render for 8 mins, then lower the heat and cook for a further 5 mins. Check the middle is still pink – once cooked to your liking, put in tin foil and allow to rest.
- For the dressing, mix vinegar, honey and EVOO
- In a bowl, combine quinoa, cauliflower, silver beet, nuts, spring onion, pomegranate seeds and dressing.
- Scoop serving onto a plate.
- Cut the lamb into slices and delicately place on top of quinoa mix.
- Crumble feta over, then add mint and parsley leaves.