Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 6th February
- Every third mouthful of food you enjoy is the result of honey bees working flowers, pollinating plants flowers and without them earths biodiversity and human population would be significantly different.
- Agricultural use of pesticides and pest and diseases are wiping out the European honey bee populations in almost every other part of the globe.
- Trevor’s honey is light and floral when harvested after the spring wildflower flush, but in the peak of summer, Marri trees provide their rich red gum, creating a rich deep red and more intense flavour.
- Adding lots of flowering plants is important when attracting bees to your backyard. The best results will come from plants that have a long flower period or plants delivering flowers at different times of the year.
- To learn more about bee keeping in WA Visit https://waas.org.au to learn more
- Visit https://www.postcodehoney.com.au/ for local honey delivered to your door!
AS SEEN ON