Story: Growing Citrus
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 6th February
- There’s the classic Eureka Lemon a form developed in California in 1858 from an Italian lemon variety.
- The Italians had lemons about 200 Ad but the Egyptians had cultivate lemons 700 years before that at least.
- They are believed to have originated in northwest India before being traded across central Asia.
- There is a dwarf variety called lemonicious, a small meyer lemon variety. This variety only produces one crop a year in the autumn period with a few summer fruit available.
- The lemonicious tree gets to a max height of 2 metres. It will produce around 150 fruit per crop.
AS SEEN ON