Ingredient Challenge - Pork
Story: Ingredient Challenge - David Genat
Episode: Episode 8
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane & David Genat
Air Date: 27th March 2022
- Grab boneless pork shoulder roast (Boston butt) and cut it into 2-inch cubes.
- Put the pork in a large bowl and sprinkle on the salt, cumin, red pepper flakes, and oregano.
- Toss well to coat. Transfer the seasoned pork to the Instant Pot insert.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel wide strips of zest off the orange. Stay close to the surface, making sure you don’t peel into the white pith.
- Add the strips of orange zest to the Instant Pot, along with the garlic, quartered yellow onion, and bay leaf.
- Cut the bald orange in half and juice it.
- Pour the juice into the Instant Pot, insert and stir to distribute.
- Place the insert into the Instant Pot and lock the lid.
- Make sure the valve on the lid is pointed at the sealing position.
- Press the“Manual” button or “Pressure Cook” and cook on high pressure for 35 minutes. (Stovetop pressure cooker users should cook under high pressure for 30 minutes)
- Let the pressure release naturally for 20 minutes.