Ingredient Challenge - Easy Pear Pie
Story: Ingredient Challenge - Easy Pear Pie
Episode: Episode 9
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane & Scherri-Lee Biggs
Air Date: 3rd April 2022
- 2-3 sheets Sweet shortcrust pastry.
- 4 pears.
Ingredients for the topping:
- Vanilla bean paste.
- Good quality vanilla ice-cream.
- Caramel sauce.
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts.
- Cut the pears in half but keep the stalk on them
- Cut the shortcrust pastry into fours
- Cover the pears with the shortcrust pastry and place them onto the baking tray
- Make little leaves from any leftover pastry and stick them onto the pears
- Place the tray into the oven on 180C for about 20 minutes
For the topping:
- Toast the pistachio nuts in a frypan
- Warm the caramel sauce in a pan and add the vanilla and ginger
To finish off the dish:
- Take the pears out of the oven and place them on plates with the round side down.
- Put a nice vanilla ice-cream on top of the pears and garnish with the nuts
- Drizzle the Ginger Caramel sauce over the pears.