Dobosala Cantina & Rise Thru
Title: Dobosala Cantina & Rise Thru
Broadcast: Oct 21st 2018
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Chef Kunal’s Dobosala Cantina is his third restaurant in Victoria—his reputation for innovative good food is solidly established in Victoria’s food scene with his popular restaurants Red Fish Blue Fish and Fishbook.
- This new restaurant is something else recognizing the hottest trend in Vancouver, he’s decided to embrace the big bike culture that exists in Victoria. Dobosala Cantina fronts a new bike lane and he’s created a restaurant that serves up casual, delicious meals with the only ride-through window in the city that both cyclists and pedestrians can use to enjoy fresh meals made from local ingredients.
- Dobosala is derived from the words Adobo and Masala – hence our Indo-Pacific inspired menu and cocktails.
- Menu features Indian influenced versions of Kunal’s favorite foods and techniques from Latin America, Japan, Hawaii, SE Asia, etc.
- 100% oceanwise and use 100% Canadian raised meats and poultry. We plan our menus around the seasonality of local producer.
- Dobosala is all about freshness and lots of interesting flavour and texture combinations. Our menu is designed for sharing.
- Dobosala is fun, Cantina-style establishment, geared towards the higher end of fast casual.