Fairmont Banff Springs
Segment: Fairmont Banff Springs – Eat the Castle Culinary Tour
Episode: Banff / Lake Louise
Air Date: 28th December 2019
Presenter: Scott Taylor
There is no building in Banff that stands out as much as the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, and Alberta Food Tours run an excellent foodie experience you have to check out.
- Canada’s ‘Castle in the Rockies’, the Banff Springs Hotel was built over 130 years ago, and offers the luxury accommodation that Fairmont locations are known for.
- This is one of the most photographed hotels in the world, and there is nothing that can prepare you for the majesty of the snow-capped mountains and the frozen lake.
- The Eat the Castle Culinary Tour is so good it’s been designated a Canadian Signature Experience. Guests are taken to 4 premium food outlets within the castle, where they are treated to delicious food and wine pairings.
- This tour offers authentically local dining experiences, starting at STOCK Food and Drink. This is a great place to grab a sandwich or coffee, and is the perfect place to start the tour.
- 90% of the food is made inhouse, with 85% of the ingredients being sourced from within Alberta. They use zero-mile herbs, using urban cultivator refrigerators to grow their herbs.
- The Vermillion Room is a refurbished Brasserie restaurant, serving up French Elegance with Canadian charm. Here, you are able to access the kitchen as the chef makes delicious profiter rolls.
- Grapes Wine Bar has an incredible selection of food – house-cured meats paired with artisan cheeses, and one of the best selections of wine you could hope for.
- The hotel’s signature restaurant, the 1888 Chop House, presents a modern twist on an authentic chop house experience, with a house menu focus on prime cuts of Alberta beef.