Main Recipe – Jo Beth Taylor’s Vegan Lasagne
Story: Main Recipe – Jo Beth Taylor’s Vegan Lasagne
Episode: Episode 6
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane and Jo Beth Taylor
Air Date: 13th March 2022
- Lake Deborah salt is naturally produced in the wild without any human intervention. The salt cycle starts with the winter rain and ends when summer arrives.
- There is no bitter after taste, unlike sea salts, so salt from Lake Deborah enhances the flavour.
- Lake Deborah salt is 100% Compostable packaging and committed to reducing our carbon footprint.
- Lake Deborah has been WA Family owned since 1944.
- 1 small butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1cm-thick slices.
- 1 ½ table-spoon of olive oil.
- 2 garlic cloves crushed.
- 1 medium red capsicum chopped.
- 2 medium Zucchini, cut into halves, then chopped.
- 1 medium eggplant chopped.
- 200grams of butter mushrooms, thickly sliced.
- 2 cans of organic chopped tomatoes.
- 1 jar of Passata.
- 1 packet of fresh Lasagna sheets (2 might be needed depending on the size of the baking dish).
- Heat the olive oil.
- Sauté the onions.
- Chop the garlic and vegetables until it starts going brown.
- Add tomatoes and simmer until it thickens.
- Line a baking dish with baking paper
- Pour a layer of Passata at the bottom.
- Layer with fresh lasagna sheets, vegetable sauce and sliced eggplant.
- Repeat the same layering method sing the pumpkin and mushrooms.
- Add a layer of Passata.
- Once you are near the top of the dish, pour the Cashew sauce on top.
- Cover with foil and bake it for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the cashew sauce is golden brown.
Jo Beth Taylor Choice of Charity: Lifeline
You are not alone. We're here to listen.
Every 30 seconds, a person in Australia reaches out to Lifeline for help.
We are a national charity providing all Australians experiencing emotional distress with access to 24 hour crisis support and suicide prevention services.
We exist so that no person in Australia has to face their darkest moments alone.