Herb Highlight – Crops in Pots
Airdate: 24th May 2020
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Story Title: Herb Highlight – Crops in Pots
Growing edibles at home is easy, particularly if you’re growing them in pots.
- Swan Valley Nursery is Australia’s leading producer of edible plants, with their Crops in Pots range offering a fantastic selection of veggies.
- The range includes bunching broccoli, onion purplette and pink silverbeet – one of the most nutritious veggies you could hope to find.
- Together, these plants make the most astounding soups, and a mass planted pot will deliver at least 4-6 pots of hearty, healthy soup. Don’t worry about cramping the plants in – the competition is good, and they’ll grow faster.
- The Crops in Pots range is available at Bunnings and leading garden centres. Getting them in a starter pot means you’ll be harvesting in just a couple of weeks.
- Make sure to feed the plants – they’ll get hungry, so feed them weekly with a liquid plant food.