Airdate: 31st May 2020
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Story Title: Gourmet Garnishes
Swan Valley Nursery produces a range of edible flowers that make great garnishes.
- Swan Valley Nursery are edible plant specialist, and their goal is to make your food tastier and more nutritious.
- Their Gourmet Garnishes range is fantastic – adding flowers to your meals can be incredibly good for you. Calendula flowers, or nasturtiums, have unique peppery/sweet flavour combination.
- You can plant a combination of flowering plants in a terracotta bowl. If you’re looking for suggestions you could try heartsease, viola, lemon bergamont, calendula and rocket.
- Planting is simple – get them all in, fill the pockets without soil with potting mix and give it a water.
- Flowers will start emerging within a week. You can pick them and throw them into dishes – they garnish beautifully and taste great as well.