Herb Highlight – Health Benefits
Airdate: 5th July 2020
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Story Title: Herb Highlight – Health Benefits
Herbs aren’t just delicious – they have a range of health benefits, making it well worth growing your own at home.
- Thyme is known to assist against sore throats and bronchitis, as well as whooping cough. It is believed to be good for the eyes, heart and mind.
- Rosemary is a tough perennial that loves hot and dry summers. There are plant phytochemicals in it known to assist in memory preservation.
- Brahmi is a great memory herb, long used in India. Its plant phytochemicals help blood flow through the complex cellular network of veins and arteries in the brain.
- Dill goes well with fish, and improves blood flow to the blood vessels at the back of the eye.
- If you put these herbs together in a planter, you get a flavor bomb loaded with health benefits.