Flowers and Food
Story: Flowers and Food
Airdate: Ep 9, 30 June 2019
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
The newest trend in dining is for chefs to incorporate flowers onto the plate. But Trevor tells us how flowers are so much more, than just a garnish!
- The flavour and level of goodness in flowers, is hard to beat.
- Using flowers in dishes can make all the difference in colour and flavour, but do you know what flowers to use?
- Trevor’s Top 2 Flowers to use? Fuchsias and Nasturtiums!
- Nasturtiums are easy to grow and have a strong peppery flavour mixed with a strong nectar sweetness. And Winter is the perfect time to be planting them in your home garden!
- To make your job easier, Swan Valley Nursery has developed a range of edible flowers in starter pots!
- All you have to do is pop into your local garden centre or Bunnings store and select your favourites!