Segment: Lemon Balm
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep05
Presenter: Dr. Shy Vishnumohan
TX Date: 5th October 2019
A member of the mint family, lemon balm is a herb that has a long history of cheering our spirits.
- In herbal lore, lemon balm has been known to chase away melancholy. Australian research suggests that it can be used to reduce anxiety due to its ability to increase neurotransmitter levels related to cognitive function.
- While lemon balm is frequently sold in extract form, such as essential oils, you can dry the leaves and use them to make tea.
- You can buy lemon balm at health stores, although growing your own will ensure that your herbs are organically grown, and will keep you from ingesting unnecessary chemicals.
- Simply plant your lemon balm in a pot, or in your garden in a spot where you can’t get anything else to grow. Use premium potting mix and position them in a sunny area of your garden.
- Look out for the Swan Valley Nursery collection of lemon balm in your local garden centre, and get to planting.