Bold and Beautiful Echinacea
Segment: Bold and Beautiful Echinacea
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep10
Presenter: Dr. Shy Vishnumohan
TX Date: 16th November 2019
There are a lot of cold and flu remedies out there, and there are even some that you can grow in your own garden.
- Echinacea make superb cut flowers, with their long stems, long-lasting blooms and vibrant colours. Even when their petals drop, the cones will remain intact for weeks.
- While studies have shown mixed results, Echinacea is known to reduce the severity of the common cold – so long as you take it at the very first hint of illness.
- You can add 1 part Echinacea (leaves, flowers or roots) a quarter part of lemon grass and a quarter part of spearmint and stevia leaves. Simply steep it in hot water for a few minutes.
- Echinaceas need full sun and fertile, well-drained soil.
- Swan Valley Nursery provides Echinacea plants in Western Australia, with other companies providing it around the country.